May Fishing Sessions: 05/05 - Short Fishing Session at Barnegat Bay (Seaside Heights, NJ)

Hello, Blog Readers!

Here's my super short fishing session for May 5th:

--- May 5th, 2015 ---

Location: Barnegat Bay (Seaside Heights, NJ)
Time: 2:00-4:00 p.m.

Fishes caught:

-- None

Video:

Since there were no fishes caught for this session, there is no video for it. :(

Goal: 

My family decided to go down to Seaside Heights for some "boardwalking." Thus, I decided to sneak out for a bit and fish at Barnegat Bay. Heh. Since it was a last minute trip, I decided to go for whatever hits! 

Setup:

For this trip, I decided to take two rods with me: my heavy action Daiwa Samurai Rod+Reel Combo, equipped with 20lbs Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon line; and my 9' Cortland Spin Endurance noodle rod with a Shimano Symetre 4000FL, equipped with 12lbs Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon line. Both of them were rigged with a regular metal high/low rig for saltwater fishing.

As for bait, I used mainly salted clams and chopped Bunker for this fishing session.

Summary:

As mentioned previously, my family called me on a last minute notice for a trip down to Seaside Heights in NJ! At the beginning, I was very reluctant to go -- after all, my 7 year old nephew was coming with us. In other words, the trip was all about "family time" and lots of walking under the scorching sun! In the end, my sister decided to play smart: she mentioned "fishing for a couple hours..." Hahaha. Well...that was it. Sold! 

So, I packed my equipment and went down to Seaside Heights with the family. They dropped me off at the Dock Outfitters, so I decided to just fish the dock over there. I got myself some bunker and set up two rods with small hooks for Multi-Species angling.

I fished the place for two hours under very hot weather, finishing the day with a single bite (no hook up). A couple folks were fishing the dock as well and no other catches were observed. One local did tell me about the Bluefish (Polmatotus saltatrix) bite being hot around dusk. But then, unfortunately, I had to leave around 4 p.m. Heh.

Photos:

Since this was a last minute trip, I didn't have my camera or GoPro with me. :(  

Best of luck for all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment