Reports (Mike H.): Fairmount Dam, PA

--------------------------------------------
Follow my Facebook page for updates on every single one of my fishing sessions:
http://www.facebook.com/ExtremePhillyFishing
There are fishes around us! Follow my Statistical Chart for 2012 for my catches during this year:
http://extremephillyfishing.blogspot.com/2012/01/statistical-fishing-chart-for-2012.html
--------------------------------------------
Mike's report on the Schuylkill River - May 3rd.

------------------------------------------------------------ 
Written by Mike Hsiao. - edited by Leo S.
Hey guys! I hit the Skuke this morning and had some good luck. I knew it was going to be a good day from cast #1. First cast, I threw a Strike King Series 3 Crankbait under the falls. After 10 cranks or so, I got a huge hit and battled what I predicted to be a 6-8 lb striper for 10 seconds, before it threw the hook. I threw the crankbait for another 15 minutes and somehow managed to snag this 10 lb carp LOL. Then, I switched to topwater and threw a Lucky Craft Gunfish for a while. I hooked into a dink largemouth bass, which happened to be my first lm bass this year caught on topwater. Lastly, I tied on a Zoom Superfluke with a baitfish color on a 0.5oz jighead and jigged it under the falls. First cast with the fluke I felt a tap, set the hook and nothing. Then, I continued the retrieve and felt another bump - this time I connected on the hookset and reeled in a healthy 2.5 lb striper. On the very next cast I had yet another hit within a few hops, and I knew I had hooked into a solid fish. I fought the beast for about 2 minutes, until I was finally able to get him to the ledge and swing him up (it wasn't easy!). I was rewarded with a nice 5lb Striper, my biggest one of the year! After that frenzy, I fished for another 45 minutes with no additional hits.


Snagging King with his 10lb snagged Carp

Mike with his 2.5lber Striped Bass at the Fairmount Dam

Mike with his 5lber Striped Bass at the Dam

------------------------------------------------------------
I have to admit that Mike's expertise with the Fluke is nearly unmatched; at least as far as I know. I don't usually see a lot of people catching Striped Bass at the Dam (ratio of fishermen - fish), so Mike is quite an expert when it comes to this Species of fish!

Nicely done, Mike! And nice "evolution" T-shit. lol...

Best of luck for all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.