Fishing for Different Species at the Tidal Schuylkill River

This morning started as a beautiful day! Very good weather to fish. It did get a little bit hot during noon, but the weather was still nice compared to the other days.


Anyways...I'll make today's post short - I'll make it a QUIZ! So, I've heard ALL THESE PEOPLE passing by, and telling me how the Schuylkill river is "dirty"; "there can't be fish inside the river"; "they don't have the right conditions to survive"; etc.


Well...that's a MYTH. Any fisherman that knows the city knows the fact that the Schuylkill River is a valuable place to fish. Therefore, we should sincerely conserve it as much as we can. Incredibly, the water temperature; depth; oxygen levels; pH of water; structure; allows many different species of fish to survive in the Tidal waters of the Schuylkill River.


I did a good session today, pursuing different species of fish along the river. Like I said above, it's QUIZ time. Readers: Can you identify the different kinds of fish below?


FISH A

FISH B
FISH C

FISH D

FISH E

FISH F

FISH G

FISH H

FISH I





FISH J - Three pictures above

FISH K


It's definitely good to know that these different kinds of species are inside the river, despite its sizes. It means that their aquatic cycles of spawning and growing are doing good. Credits for my friend Nadir Garvin for fishing FISH B. Note that most fish were caught on Nightcrawlers, and few caught on pieces of eel. Note also that its evident that FISH H, for example, is a catfish. That's why you should try to guess its full species' name!


Have fun, people...and I hope you all get a lot of fish.


Best of luck for all of us!


Long days and pleasant nights


Sincerely,


Leo S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment