There are Still Some Trout Left at the Pennypack Creek... (01/14/17, Northeast Philadelphia, PA)

What's up, fellow readers?

Here is my fishing report for January 14th, 2017. The statistical fishing chart was updated as well.

Location: Pennypack Creek
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Fishes caught:

-- Nothing

Video:

Since I got skunked, there is no video for this fishing session. :)

Summary & Photos:

Taking my hectic day in consideration, I decided to hit the Pennypack Creek at Verree Road for a few hours in the afternoon. The weather wasn't really "good" -- 32F with some rain/snow. On the other hand, it was a chilly, but windless day! Thus, I had hopes of catching some stocked Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) without freezing to death. Heh.

I set up camp right above the Verree Road dam -- three rods, all with small split shots and Berkley Powerbait. Since it was a cold winter day, I decided to use my personal MCGS technique ("Maximum Coverage Grid System") to find those lethargic stocked Trout.

A view of the Pennypack Creek right above the Verree Road Dam. One of the deepest portions of the Creek, around that area.

The good news -- I was able to find two Trout in the Creek, since I had two bites. Both bites were Trout bites: line slack at first, then a faint pull. The bad news -- I wasn't able to land a single fish! Every time I saw the bite, my impatience got the best of me. In other words...I ended up setting the hook too early on both fish. :(

As they say, folks -- "Impatience is the rood of all injuries." On the positive side -- I know for a fact that there are still a few stocked Trout in there. Thus, my hopes for catching a Trout in the near future haven't perished yet.

Best of luck to all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights! 

Tight lines!

Sincerely,

Leo S. a.k.a. Extreme Philly Fishing

0 comments:

Post a Comment