September Fishing Sessions: 09/21 - Catfishing on the Schuylkill Banks

Heya, Blog Readers!

Here's my short fishing report for September 21st:

--- September 21st, 2014 ---

Location: Schuylkill River (between Walnut and Chestnut bridges)
Time: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.

Fishes caught: 

-- 3 Channel Catfish
-- 1 Bluegill

Since I always fish the Schuylkill River between the Walnut and Chestnut bridges, there isn't much to say. I did a regular Catfish fishing session with my friend Jimmie D., and thankfully we both ended up with some Channel Cats! Jimmie caught all his fish on chicken liver (godly, but horrible smelling bait), whereas I caught mine on cut bait.

During the afternoon, I tried a little bit for different Species of fish without much success. Ultimately, I landed one Bluegill and used it as bait! I was actually expecting to catch some White Perch or Spot Croaker; however, no signs of them. For those who are not familiar, small Spot Croaker swim up the Schuylkill River during each Fall; therefore, they can be caught on the bottom with nightcrawlers! Neat, right? If you want to know more about that, feel free to use the search tab above the page. I'm sure you will find some photos of Spot Croaker caught in the Schuylkill River.

The photos for the session are below:

Here's my friend Jimmie D. with a Channel Catfish. The fish was caught on a piece of yummy chicken liver! Just as a curiosity: I've used so much chicken liver as bait in my life that I've been traumatized by its awful smell and texture. I hardly eat chicken liver nowadays. Hah.

A healthy Bluegill from the Schuylkill River! They are one of the best cut-baits around. The Catfish love them.

After a little while, the biggest Channel Catfish of the day came up: a 5lber! This fella was caught on a piece of Bluegill tail.

Another hearty Channel Catfish from the Schuylkill River. also caught on cut-bait.

"Things that you don't see when you stay at home:" A Housefly munching so good on your hand that it doesn't even feel bothered to pose for a photo! Truth be said -- they love that fish slime...
Best of luck for all of us!

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.