October Fishing Sessions: 10/04 - Flathead Fishing at Kelly Drive (non-tidal Schuylkill River)

Hello, Readers!

After a little bit of effort, I've finally finished my September Fishing Sessions on the Blog! I've also uploaded a few more photos on the EPF Facebook Page. Just a reminder: even though I didn't post any fishing sessions on the Blog during this last Summer, I did post all photos on the Facebook Page. Enjoy!

Also, I have recently updated my Introductory post on Meadow Lake in South Philadelphia (FDR Park). With a little bit of research and some contributions (thank you, Visal!), I was able to confirm the existence of Flathead Catfish in Meadow Lake. For more details, you may click here for the post. 

Now, here's my short fishing report for October 4th:

--- October 4th, 2014 ---

Location: Schuylkill River (non-tidal)
Time: 1:30-5:00 p.m.

Fishes caught:

-- None

In my mind, the ideal time for a good Flathead session would be from dusk to around midnight. Once it gets dark, they really go crazy on your bait! Heh. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time for night time sessions, not to mention that fishing by oneself after dark poses some dangers, socially speaking.

Thus, I went for a short Flathead session on Kelly Drive during day time. The second "unfortunately" comes now: I didn't have the best bait for the occasion, which would be live bait. Therefore, I had to use frozen cut bait. Even with the odds against me, I still went out there to give it a try. As my father used to tell me when I was a little kid: "hoping is always a part of fishing." 

After 3:30 hours, I got skunked. Not a single bite! Heh. Sometimes we catch, sometimes we don't. 
   
A nice view of the Girard Ferry Bridge on the non-tidal Schuylkill River.

Best of luck for all of us!

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.