Reports (Rob Z.): Fairmount Dam

Note: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!
Updated: November Fishing Sessions (11/16)

For previous reports from Rob Z.
Also, Mike H. added 1 more video on his Youtube Channel (1Rod1ReelFishing):
NOTE: Let me emphasize that foul-hooking fish in PA is ILLEGAL. In other words, using a fishing set up that consists of HOOK only (no bait) for purposes of snagging fish is against the law.
It's "legal" (but not nice, hence the fish suffer damages); however, to accidentally snag a fish while fishing for other Species of fish using a lure or live bait. It just happens that the body format of the Gizzard Shad and its swimming behavior make it extra easy to be snagged.
I also added a video on my Youtube Channel - a little video of my "Wildly caught" fish tank:
NOTE 2: Philadelphians - be extra careful when you buy fish at the Market nowadays. When you see the sign "Wildly caught," you want to double check your sources! It never hurts to ask the owner or the worker of the business one question: "Where was this fish caught?" A lot of people nowadays prefer to consume wildly caught fish over farm raised for many reasons; however, the fishes are not always safe to eat depending on where it came from. I'll certainly think about making a full post out of this subject in the near future.
Rob's report on the Fairmount Dam (Schuylkill River) - November 8th.
Written by Rob Z. - edited by Leo S.
My friend Mike B. picked me up at my place in Center City around 6:30 p.m., and we were down there by 6:45 p.m. It was dark, cold, and windy. The air temperature was in the upper 40's, and I was trying to stay warm. The water temperature was around 47 degrees. The conditions looked good, and we started jigging for the fish. Mike had not fished the Dam before, and I warned him of the snags and other challenges. I also told him of the potential prizes we might catch that night.
Around 7:30 p.m., I got a solid whack on my jig! I set the hook, and was immediately battling with a feisty fish! I was pretty sure it was a Walleye, but it was so active that I had some doubts. It was flopping on the surface like crazy! When I got a clear look, it was definitely a Walleye. I yelled to Mike to get the drop net, and he was back with it in an instant. He popped the collapsible pop net open, and lowered it down. It was on the water, and I worked the fish in the direction of the net. On the first try, the fish slid over the hoop of the net, and Mike hoisted it up!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First Walleye of the year, and a nice healthy fish too. We took some photos and weighed the fish before releasing it: 2.65 lbs. It never flopped on the cement, which is, of course, a good thing. That type of flopping is enough to make these fish bleed, which could kill them after the release - so, try to handle them with care.
 The fish was hooked right through the middle of his top lip...I should have taken a close up picture of that. There was no way he was coming off of the hook at all. He could have been pulled up through the air, if necessary. I was using 8lb test, so that probably would have been fine, but I'm still glad I had the net.
The temperature dropped and we fished until almost 9 p.m., but no more fish. It was great getting out there again, and even better to catch a fish. Usually I get skunked there. Thanks for being there and for helping to land the fish, Mike!  Next time we will get you one. Fishing the porch is so much more enjoyable with someone else when it is dark. Fishing there alone can get spooky, and I'm sure it would have been tough trying to land the fish alone with the drop net. 
Enjoy the pics:

Congrats on the first Walleye of the year, Rob! These fish can be finicky at times, and the Dam is certainly a place to get skunked often.
Not many have the guts/determination to stay out there in the cold to fish for these fish. Heh.
Best of luck for all of us,
Long Days and Pleasant Nights,
Leo S.