Another Carping Session at Kelly Drive

I did another carping session at Kelly Drive this past Tuesday, July 26th. I went out at 10:30 a.m., arriving by my spot at noon (12:30 p.m.). I fished till the end of the afternoon, around 5:30p.m.


To tell the truth, I didn't expect a any fish that day. Maybe the regular catfish, but not carp. The spawning activity was very high, and fish were certainly jumping non stop at that portion of the river. They were jumping so high that a person could see them for a good 1-2 seconds outside of the water! It was extremely beautiful, and artistic in some ways...


The first fish came at 2:45 p.m. It was around 7-9lb, by naked eye (I didn't have a chance to measure it), and it got away right in front of me, before I could net it. It unhooked itself, and swam away. I didn't lose any equipment on this one, and hopefully his mouth will heal soon!


The second one came at 3:38 p.m.. This one gave an extremely good fight! It took me a good 20 minutes to land this one. He ran wild until the middle of the river, and resisted the long fight for quite a while. It was definitely a good and pleasurable experience. It weighted 16.8lb (which is above the average size for that area), and it took quite a while for it to revive and swim away. My bet is that the fish was very tired from the fight, and tired from the heat too. After a little while, it started to swim slowly....slowly disappearing into the Schuylkill. It wasn't a "floater", thanks God. Hehe.


The third and last one of the day came at 4:40 p.m. It weighted 11.2lb, and it was beautiful and healthy.


It was really a good day; I couldn't have asked for more.


I'll definitely post something interesting once I find time to do so! For now, best of luck for all of us!


The biggest one of the day


The third and last one - ready to shake my hand


Long days and pleasant nights, people!


Leo S.



0 comments:

Post a Comment