The Day That I Got SUPERSICK!!! (01/28/17, New Britain, PA)

What's up, Avid Anglers?

It has been a while since I posted here, huh?! You know what that means, right? Time to catch up, people!!! :) Here is my fishing report for January 28th, 2017. The statistical fishing chart was updated as well.

Location: Pine Run Dam
Time: 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.

Fishes caught:

- Nothing


Below are the highlights for this fishing session:

My 12th outing of 2017. Possibly one of my worst ideas ever!!! Don't forget to watch it in HD quality (1080p60)! If you enjoy watching my videos, please support my YouTube Channel by subscribing to it. More likes and more subscribes = more time to make videos.

Summary & Photos:

Nothing much to say about this fishing session, other than the fact that this was possibly one of my worst ideas for 2017!

I went down to the Pine Run Dam in New Britain with hopes of catching at least one fish for my Mystery Tackle Box "Pro Box" Slam. However, I failed to realize that the weather conditions for the day were far away from perfect: 35F with 15 mph winds. By the end of the unboxing (approximately 15 minutes), I was already feeling very cold. Even with six layers of Under Armour, I still felt like the wind was getting to my bones. Heh.

But I was there already, right, folks? Therefore, I still fished the Reservoir for about three hours. I used some of the lures that came inside the box, including a pretty neat spoon and a cool & original soft plastic made by Catch Co itself. For the spoon, I used a steady retrieve approach. For the soft plastic, a drop-shot rig. In the end; however, they were to no avail. I ended up not catching anything. Sigh. :(

Well...I should actually fix my last sentence by saying that I did catch something that day, at least: the flu. Even better -- maybe two things: the flu and a strep throat. Hah. 

Summarizing...Because of that fishing session, I got extremely sick! Thus, the title of my YouTube video. After having a 103.1F fever for a few days, I finally decided to go to the Doctor. He put me on Tamiflu and Amoxicillin for ten days. And even after I was "healed," I still had post-viral cough syndrome for about five weeks. So, as you guys can see, because of that illness that lasted me 20-40 days, I was unable to fish for most of February (bummer), and I was slowed down on my social media platforms as well...

Yes, folks...certainly one of my worst ideas for this year! And this is to show that one should never underestimate Mother Nature, of course.

Best of luck to all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights!

Tight lines!


Leo S. a.k.a. Extreme Philly Fishing


Post a Comment