April Fishing Sessions: 04/06-04/09 - Fishing for Trout at the Pennypack & the East Branch Brandywine Creek

Hello, Blog Readers!

Today I'm bringing you my fishing report for April 6th to the 9th. I decided to compile these three fishing sessions, since I mainly got Trout on all of them.

--- April 6th-9th, 2015 ---

Location: Pennypack Creek (6th-9th), East Branch Brandywine Creek (6th) (PA)
Time: 6th: 7:00-10:00 a.m.; 4:00-5:30 p.m.; 7th: 7:00-1:00 p.m.; 8th: 8:00-11:30 a.m.; and 9th: 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m..

Fishes caught:

-- 16 Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
-- 1 Brown Trout (Salmo trutta)

Below are the highlights for these fishing sessions:

The video is 14 minutes long. This time there is no introduction or setup portion, since you guys should be pretty familiar with my Trout setup by now. If not, the setup is described once again below. The last 2 Trout in the video were CPRed and notice: I forgot to wet my hands when handling them! Since they are very sensitive fish with a high mortality ratio, hands should always be wet when touching them. If you enjoy watching my YouTube videos, please show your support by subscribing to my Channel and liking my videos. It does take a long time to edit these 1080p50 HD quality videos. :)

Nothing too exciting about all these fishing sessions, folks. My fishing setup for all of them was the same: a Shimano Sedona 500FD reel with a Daiwa Spinmatic ultralight rod, 4lbs Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon line, and either orange colored Power Bait or a Thomas E.P. series in-line spinner as bait.

I ended up going to the Pennypack Creek over and over and over again, taking full advantage of the Trout stocking season in Philadelphia. As a matter of fact, they are all smoked and vacuum sealed by now. Heh. All of my spots in the video were between Roosevelt Boulevard and the end of the Pennypack trail at the Old Bustleton Avenue. During my fishing sessions, I saw at least two Golden Rainbow Trout swimming in the Creek, but I wasn't able to make them bite. :(

On the 6th, I decided to hunt for some Smallmouth Bass (Micropterus dolomieu) at the East Branch Brandywine Creek in Downingtown, PA. However, after walking and casting for a good while, I was still unable to catch any! By the end of the day, I had two Rainbow Trout on the spinner...

Photos of these sessions are below:

A nice view of the East Branch Brandywine Creek under the Septa Regional Rail Bridge.

The East Branch Brandywine Creek right below Kerr Park.

"Things that you don't see when you stay at home:"As portrayed in the video, I found this dead White Sucker (Catostomus commersonii) by the margins of the East Branch Brandywine Creek.

A nice healthy Rainbow Trout from the East Branch Brandywine Creek in Downingtown, PA.

A nice Rainbow Trout from the Pennypack Creek, caught on a Thomas E.P. Series in-line Spinner, 1/8 oz., nickel/gold.

"Things that you don't see when you stay at home:" Mother goose in her little nest, protecting her eggs. Make sure to never approach them when they are in this "mode." Otherwise, you will be attacked! If the male is around, you will be double attacked...Heh.

A nice Golden Rainbow Trout swimming in the stretch between Roosevelt Boulevard and Bustleton Avenue.

A small Brown Trout from the Pennypack.

A nice rocky dropout at the Pennypack Creek, close to the Old Bustleton Avenue.

"Things that you don't see when you stay at home:" Mallards! However, do you notice the light coloration for the female? That's very likely a laced fawn.

Best of luck for all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment