February Fishing Sessions: 02/08 - Catfishing on the Schuylkill Banks

Hello, Blog Readers!

Here is my fishing report for February 8th:

--- February 8th, 2015 ---

Location: Tidal Schuylkill River (between Walnut and Chestnut)
Time: 12:00-4:00 p.m.

Fishes caught: 

-- 1 Channel Catfish (3.5lbs)

It was another tough day on the Schuylkill River! As you can see below, water temperatures were just slightly above 32F (freezing point):

The photo portrays my friend Hannibal standing right next to my fishing gear. Note the background: a part of the River was still frozen! 

Air temperatures were a little bit higher, in the range of 40-45F. However, that didn't help us much! The ground was still frozen solid; thus, my friends and I had to punch our rod holders in with the help of a hammer (thanks for the hammer, Bryan!). Heh. During the length of my fishing session, I had my friends Bryan KL, Christopher J., Karl H., and Hannibal P. join me. Here's a photo of Karl and Chris on the Banks:

Chris and Karl ready to give up on the Banks! After a couple hours of fishing without a single bite, they decided to give a shot at the Fairmount Dam.

After many hours of fishing, we finished the day with a single fish: a 3.5lbs Channel Catfish on a piece of American Eel. Here's a photo of the fish:

The only fish of the day: a feisty 3.5lbs Channel Catfish.

Tight lines, brothers and sisters! And hopefully we will catch more fish as February goes. :)

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.