July Fishing Sessions: 07/05 - Exploring and Wading the Pennypack Creek & Moreland Pond (Bethayres, PA)

Hello Blog Readers!

Here is my fishing session for July 5th:

--- July 5th, 2015 ---

Location: Pennypack Creek/Moreland Pond
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Fishes caught:

-- 78 Bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus)
-- 5 Redbreast Sunfish (Lepomis auritus)
-- 3 Rock Bass (Ambloplites rupestris)
-- 2 Smallmouth Bass (Micropterus dolomieu)
-- 1 Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
-- 2 Green Sunfish (Lepomis cyanellus)
-- 1 Pumpkinseed (Lepomis gibbosus)
-- 2 Largemouth Bass (Micropterus salmoides)

Video:

Unfortunately, I did not have my GoPro available at that day! Thus, this fishing session was not filmed. :(

Goal:

(1) To take my father to the Pennypack Creek for some Creek fishing; and (2) to wade and explore a new section of the Pennypack Creek.

Setup:


(2) a Trout Magnet on an Eagle Claw #10 Hook, under a small split shot.
(3) a Gamakatsu Octopus Hook with a 3" Gary Yamamoto Senko.

Summary:

Since it was almost time for my father to leave the USA and go back to Brazil, I decided to take him to the Pennypack Creek above Lorimer Park for some Summer wading and fishing. I really wanted him to catch some Smallmouth Bass! :)

We started wading the Creek at Bethayres, working our way up to the Moreland Pond. Very surprisingly, our fishing session turned out to be very successful in the end! I ended up catching 8 different Species of fish from the Creek, including a holdover Rainbow Trout from the Spring stocking season. My father was able to catch his share of fish, including some Smallmouth as well. Heh.

After wading the Creek all the way up to Moreland Pond, we just couldn't resist fishing there! Note that the Moreland Pond is actually a private pond; however, since my father and I went to the Pond from the Creek side, we were unable to see the "no trespassing signs." As a matter of fact, it was only when we were leaving that we realized that we weren't supposed to fish there at all. Haha

I ended up stocking the Moreland Pond with a couple Smallmouth Bass from the Pennypack Creek. In return, I stocked the Pennypack Creek with about 50 Bluegill from the Moreland Pond. :) 

Overall, a very productive day! And, of course, it was a bummer that I forgot my GoPro at home. Never again, seriously...

Photos:

Below are the photos for this fishing session:

First fish of the day -- a "purty" Rock Bass from the Pennypack Creek!

2nd Species of the day: a Redbreast Sunfish.

My father with a gorgeous Pumpkinseed from the Creek.

Of course we shouldn't exclude the Bluegill as well. :)

A Green Sunfish -- now we got the Sunfish superfecta at the Pennypack Creek. Heh.

My father with his miniature Green Sunfish.

A beautiful holdover Rainbow Trout from the Pennypack Creek

Very likely the biggest Pumpkinseed of the day. :)

Gigantic Redbreast Sunfish on a 3" Gary Yamamoto Senko! Notice the colors? Super pretty, eh? Heh.

My dad with a Pennypack Smallmouth Bass.

My biggest Smallmouth Bass of the day -- caught on a Trout Magnet.

Greedy Rock Bass on a 5" Senko!

Biggest Pennypack Bluegill of the day

A nice view of the Moreland Pond. Note that the place is private! As mentioned previously, we were fishing it without being aware of it. I am certainly not returning there.

A Largemouth Bass from the Moreland Pond.

A wounded Bluegill from the Moreland Pond.

My father with a miniature Largemouth Bass from the Moreland Pond.

My biggest Moreland Pond Bluegill of the day. :)

Best of luck to all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment